Boulder Colorado’s Avery Brewing will begin distributing their beer to Louisiana this spring. Avery has signed on with Mockler Beverage in the Baton Rouge market, Southern Eagle in the New Orleans market and Champagne Beverage in the Northshore market. Avery beers will debut at Zapp’s International Beer Festival on Saturday, April 1st at the LSU Rural Life Museum in Baton Rouge. Representatives from Avery will be in town the following week for launch events all over Baton Rouge. Other markets around the state will follow shortly afterward.
Expect to see the following beers to begin:
- White Rascal – a Belgian style white ale brewed with coriander and orange peel
- El Gose – a German style Gose brewed with lime and sea salt
- Liliko’i Kepolo – a Belgian style white ale brewed with passionfruit
- Raspberry Sour – a barrel aged sour ale with red raspberries added
- Vanilla Bean Stout – a 10.8% barrel aged stout with vanilla beans added
- Maharaja Double IPA – a limited quantity of this double IPA will make its way here to begin.
There will also be some other barrel aged offerings as they become available.
White Rascal will be available in 12 ounce bottles, El Gose and Liliko’i Kepolo will be canned offerings, while Raspberry Sour and Vanilla Bean Stout will be sold in 22 ounce bombers.