Here are some photos of the bottle share I attended last night.
Yes, we did have a Dom Perignon palate cleanser there in the middle.
Some of my favorites of the night were:
– Westbrook Mexican Cake (an imperial stout aged on cocoa nibs, vanilla beans, cinnamon sticks and habanero peppers.
– Firestone Walker Parabola
– Alpine Beer Co Magnificent Seven (an imperial IPA that uses 7 malts, 7 hops and weighs in at 7.7%)
– DC Brau’s On The Wings of Armageddon (probably my favorite IPA of the night that deserves mention with the best of them)
– Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout
My least favorite beer was a Scotch ale aged in Woodford Reserve barrels from Upstream Brewing. It smelled and tasted like fingernail polish remover. Blech!
It was a good night. Thanks to Dan and Jenny for hosting!